Friday, January 30, 2009


Aloha everyone! We made it safe and soundly to Hawaii! :) Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during our travels. We arrived in Honolulu Monday night after a looong day of flying. Noah did so well, he was not feeling well at all but he slept about 3 1/2 hours from Chicago, so that was good ~ we had so many compliments about how well he was doing on the airplane from people all around us that he kept charming the pants off of. :) I had bought him all kinds of cheap fun Dollar Tree toys for the trip, but I think his favorite "toy" was his new portable DVD player ;) Ahhh, if I only had a nickel for every time we watched "Cars!" or "Buzz!" (Toy Story), we would be rich! :)

Bubby in his cool shades on the airplane

Going down the slide at the Children's Museum inside O'Hare Airport in Chicago during our layover ~ that kept him busy and wore off some energy!

So, once we got settled in our room at the Inn here on Schofield Barracks, we all crashed for the night, or was it morning? Who knew that four hours time difference could be so weird?! We all woke up the next morning at 4:30 a.m. our time, which would have been 8:30 a.m. at home. anyway, Noah was burning up with a fever so we took him to the pediatrician here on post. Well, they wouldn't see him because we were registered in a different region for insurance since we came from Illinois ~ so we were told to take him to the ACC (yep, another Army acronym to learn!) or the Acute Care Clinic ~ where we waited 3 hours for them to tell us that yep, he does have another raging ear infection. My poor lil' just breaks my heart that he was suffering with that during our plane ride, but he just rode it out like such a lil' trooper!

So Tuesday and Wednesday we spent just getting him healthy and back in the swing of things, and used to Honolulu time! :) We went for a walk around our hotel, and Noah loved the birds and the "Naner!" which is water in Noah lingo ~ he was stompin' around in the puddle in his new Crocs, just like any little boy would have done ~ too cute! We figured out where the PX and the Comissary are, and I have a vague idea where the checkpoints are coming in/off the base. We'll find out next week when Bryan goes back to work if I can find them :) Haha! Here's some pics of our first few days ~ thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers ~ we are thinking of all of you and missing all of you like crazy!!!

Mommy and Noah

Daddy and Noah ~ Bryan was like, hurry up already! :)

Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment